Wednesday 18 March 2015

Why are we so clumsy?

We all have our clumsy moments. Some more than others. But it got me thinking earlier, when I accidentally stabbed myself with a compass, Why are we so clumsy?

Now I have some theories for this, looking for professional input was pointless because it just was not there. Like I said on my previous post, these are the questions that really just seem dumb at the time.
Anyway first theory is that it is apart of growing up. I mean we were not all born standing up or walking, I can guarantee that. So maybe learning what is painful and what is not painful by being clumsy actually benefits us.
Well that would be the case, only if I didn't continue stubbing my toe all the time. Which makes me think, what if we were just made to be clumsy. And there is no way around it, we are just surpossed to be clumsy all our lives. But what about evolution you might ask? I am going to say it right now, I am no genius. But from what I learn in science surely human beings have developed so that we are more aware of our surroundings. Well the answer is quite clearly, no.
Which brings me to my conclusion, we as humans are in fact de-evolving. Long ago we would have needed to be aware of our surroundings, because you could have been attacked at any moment. But our society has developed in such a way that we feel safe and don't think as much about what is around us. So overall stubbing your toes, or getting stabbed with a compass is hardly going to trigger evolution to kick in. And we are just going to get clumsier as the years go on.
Unavoidable Answered.

I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this question. Also any unavoidable's you want answering, be sure to leave them below.

No comments:

Post a Comment